For couples who are hoping to conceive, being diagnosed with infertility can be crushing. It is important to understand, however, that an infertility diagnosis does not necessarily mean that you will never have children. It's critical that your health care provider works with you in order to determine the root cause of your fertility issues, as this will help you decide on the right infertility treatment option to reach pregnancy. A Houston infertility specialist can help you find a treatment that is most likely to be effective, and will allow you to have the family you have always dreamed about.
Infertility Treatment for Women
- Ovulation Stimulation — Medications can be used in order to help a woman ovulate on a regular basis, or stimulate ovulation in the event that she is not ovulating.
- Intrauterine Insemination — This is a procedure in which healthy sperm are collected and subsequently inserted in the uterus near the time a woman is expected to ovulate. This is an option for women who have unexplained infertility.
- Surgery — In some cases, surgery is necessary in order to remove blockages from the fallopian tubes, to remove polyps or to treat endometriosis. These issues can be making it difficult for the woman to become pregnant.
Infertility Treatment for Men
In most cases, infertility treatment for men focuses on improving the health of the sperm and on improving a man's sexual function. Treatment options include:
- Prescription Medications — Medications can be prescribed in order to address erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Additionally, counseling may be administered in this stage.
- Hormone Treatment — Hormone treatment may be necessary in order to improve the production of sperm or to improve the health of the sperm being produced.
- Surgery — A man who has had a vasectomy performed in the past can have a reverse vasectomy performed in order to restore his fertility.
Assisted Reproductive Technology
For some patients, Assisted Reproductive Technology, or ART, is the best option. The most common ART treatment is In Vitro Fertilization, or IVF. During this procedure, the eggs are harvested from the female patient and sperm is collected from the male patient. The sperm is used to fertilize the egg in a laboratory dish, and after three to five days, the embryo is implanted in the uterus.
Your journey to parenthood is a personal experience, and it's important to work with an OB/GYN and Houston infertility specialist like Dr. Isam Balat who understands that you deserve customized treatment. Dr. Balat and Plaza OB/GYN will work with you in order to help you conceive. Dr. Balat and the expert medical team operate in a state-of-the-art facility in order to provide you with the comfort, care and specialized treatment you need. For more information, contact us today.